'All Electric Drift Car - AEDC' Art Contest Rules
BE AWARE!! THE SOONER YOU UPLOAD YOUR DESIGN THE MORE POPULAR VOTE YOU'LL BE ABLE TO GET. POPULAR VOTE IS A MUST TO BE A POTENTIAL WINNER.
Quimera Project, S.L. (hereinafter â€śQuimeraâ€ť), with registered office at Muntaner, number 341, 1st floor, 08021 Barcelona, Spain, and holder of Tax Identification Code number B-65.143.216 organizes and convenes the All Electric Drift Car - AEDC Art Contest (the â€śContestâ€ť), which is governed by the provisions of the following basis:
· All Electric Drift car - AEDC: The subject of decoration and livery for the purpose of this agreement.
· Participant: Any individual subject taking part in the Design Contest. Plural Participants -such as design schools, professional groups, etc.- may take part in the Contest too although the Award and Prize will be granted to just one chosen member of the group or institution.
· Jury: The group of persons and institutions in charge of short listing and selecting the Winning Design for the purpose of this agreement.
· Login: Each Participant has to register him/herself via a login at quimerarrâ€™s website. One Participant is allowed to have multiple logins as far as he/she is able to provide multiple valid e-mail addresses as it will be this email address the one that will receive the Winning notification. Please refer to point 7 (Notification of Winner)
In order to enter the Contest and be able to be awarded, each Participant must agree to the Rules and this constitutes a Binding Agreement between the parties.
The Contest can be declared vacant if none of the Designs is considered valid or applicable.
The Jury will choose a Winning Design even though the AEDC could not be painted in the Winning scheme.
To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must be an adult (+18 years old). As a matter of ruling for the purpose of this agreement any Participant of legal age in his country or state of origin.
Employees of Quimera and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each) are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
3.The Contest Theme
The theme of the Contest is to design the paintwork of Quimeraâ€™s All Electric Drift Car - AEDC.
The car will be painted in the Winning Design, although Quimera reserves the right to paint it using a variation of the Winning Design or even a different Design.
The Participants have to access at quimerarrâ€™s website (the â€śDevoted Websiteâ€ť) and provide the requested information.
By introducing the chosen login the Participant will be able to access the Private Area, where the Participant will find downloadable files.
These files are common to all Participants. The provided files are: 3 renders to serve as templates for the Design.
Each login is limited to one design entry. However, one single Participant is allowed to have multiple Login entrances.
Contest Period: The Contest begins on March 21, 2012 at 15:00:00 A.M. Central European Time Zone (GMT +01:00) and ends on May 28, 2012 at 11:59:59 P.M.
Images can not exceed a size of 2 MB and must be uploaded to the Participant Private Area.
All participants must keep the designs as high resolution files to be submitted to Quimera in case they are included in the finalists short list.
All Designs will be displayed on the Contest Website.
Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. Quimera accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused.
· Entries must not be offensive, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, sexual, indecent, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme of the Contest.
· They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable country laws and regulation.
· They must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
· They must be original, unpublished works that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
· They cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third partyâ€™s publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
· The Entry is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
· The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to Quimera or a third party.
Quimera reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits an Entry and supporting statement that does not meet the Entries Requirements.
Incomplete Entries or Entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
· Main source: Through popular vote via Devoted Website.
· Secondary source: Jury vote. The Jury will vote according to its own criteria:
- - Cumulative popular vote from date of project upload
- - Daily average vote for each particular project
- - Weighted average daily vote per participant
- - Overall CREATIVITY
- - Overall PROJECT QUALITY and presentation
- - Focus on MOTOR SPORT
- - Incorporation of motor sport elements into the livery
- - Majority preferences of the Jury
· Quimera will then cross popular vote and Jury selection in order to short list the potential Winners up to 20 Candidates.
· Out of this up to 20 Candidates, no more than 3 finalists will be the chosen to select the final Winner.
· The 20 Candidates will be shown through Quimeraâ€™s related websites and social networks.
· The 3 finalists will have an outstanding position and publicity within Quimeraâ€™s related sites and social networks.
· As per the Winner, please refer to point 8 (Prize).
Each Entry will be evaluated and scored by the Jury.
The Jury will also be responsible to select the Winning Design.
The 11 members of the final judging panel are (in alphabetic order):
- Scott ATHERTON-IMSA (US)
- Eric BARBAROUX-president Formulec (France)
- Azhar HUSSAIN-TTXGP president and founder (UK)
- Gerald KISKA-president Kiska Design (Austria)
- Alex LETTERIELLO-Electric K1 founder (UK)
- Jim LIAW-president and co-founder Formula Drift (US)
- Alfonso MARTÍNEZ, Managing Director of Altran (Spain)
- Douglas PECK-editor and founder Emotorsportnews (UK)
- Paul PFANNER-president and CEO On Car Studios (US)
- Hormazd SORABJEE-editor Autocar (India)
- Conrad TORRAS-chief designer Quimera (SP)
- Javier DE ROCAFORT-chairman Quimera (SP) (president of the Jury)
No casting vote for the president of the Jury. One vote per Member (uneven number of members).
Decisions of the Jury are final and binding.
7.Notification of Winner
The announcement of the Winner will be displayed on the Contest Website and other Quimeraâ€™s Social Media Channels on June 11, 2012.
The Winner will be notified by telephone and/or email, at Quimeraâ€™s discretion.
If the Winner does not respond to the notification attempt within seven (7) days from the first notification attempt or is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then Quimera reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
By entering, all Participants agree to receive phone calls and emails from Quimera.
The Winner will be awarded the following prizes:
Cash Prize: $5,000 (Five Thousand US Dollars).
Livery Prize: The AEDC car will be painted based or exactly in the Winning Design and presented in a selected drift event. Please, refer to point 3 (The Contest Theme)
Trip Prize: The Winning Participant will be invited to travel to a selected drift event in which the AEDC car painted in the Winning Design will be presented.
Quimera will take care of flights and accommodation for the Winner and an accompanying person on a 3 nights stay scheme.
Signature Prize: The Winner will be awarded with his/her signature on the car bodywork and his/her work will be deployed in all Quimeraâ€™s websites and social networks.
The total Prize value is $30,000 (Thirty Thousand US Dollars).
9.Intellectual Property Rights
All Entries are a full property of Quimera. As a condition of entry, Entrant grants Quimera a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the Design for any purpose, including display on the Quimera website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned.
11.Acceptance of rules
These Basis are considered accepted by all Participants entering the Contest.
Quimera reserves the right to modify the conditions of the Contest at any time, and even cancel or rescind it. In any case, Quimera undertakes to communicate the modified basis through its website www.quimerarr.com.